Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tape Shoes

For this assignment, the goal was to contract shoe using only one material...masking tape . My original pair of shoes were bought at Goodwill and were a size 7 metallic lace-up flat. I first started off by taking one shoe a cutting up all the individual pieces that made up the structure. I then created a paper mock up. To begin building the shoe with masking tape I started first with the heel and base. To manipulate and to create form and texture out of masking tape was the real challenge of this project. After both my left and right shoe bases were complete I moved on to the sides. by cutting up the original shoe I had templates to help guide me on the sides and tongue pieces. The project took roughly thirty hours to complete and boy will i never look at masking tape the same way again. 


Process Work

 

Final Work










No comments:

Post a Comment