Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Three Mini Sculpture


For this project we had to create three mini sculptures uses either balsa wood, glue, white paper, masking tape, tracing paper or straight pins. I want to focus mostly on space and some learned that I was unconsciously also using repetition in my pieces as well. For my first piece, I cut balsa wood into eight right triangles with three acute triangles. I then stacked them using the straight pins to create a space and a floating effect. Later I put glue in between I levitate. However, for my second sculpture, I was still inspired by the triangle shape and repeated it to create a pyramid. After that structure was made I wrapped one-half with tape and the other half was half exposed balsa wood and half paper/tape. To continue with the reputation I punched holes in both the tape and paper to create texture and patter. The final sculpture was an experiment. I still contained a cohesion using triangles as the other two had, but this time I put in on a rectangular base. I want this piece to have a different look to it from all angles. I really enjoyed this project and learning to experiment with material i have never combined together.

Process Work


Final Work

Sculpture #1

Sculpture #2



Sculpture #3


No comments:

Post a Comment